Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Memory Lane

Tonight, I rode my bike to memory lane
The exact path we took that fateful Friday
Stranded in a sea of traffic
We walked our way as for me it was magic

I offered you my hand
"Safety hand rail?" as I smiled
Also with a smile you declined
As for me I understood

As we walked our way through smoke and dust
I can't help myself but grab your hand
You said my name, I heard your mind
Still I understood

Just as we were at a bend
One of our jokes you said
"Kidnap me with your bike?" you jokingly stated
"Elope???" mischievously in my mind I retorted

In an attempt to avoid the magical breeze
We found ourselves in an empty street
As I gleefully thought
"This could be a romantic treat!"

As we walked in that quiet street
The temptation became upbeat
My hand on your shoulder I carefully and lovingly put
"I'm just guiding you" as I floated through the well-lit court

While approaching a dark bend
We held each others hand
Again you reminded me of mayhem
But for me it was only "carpe diem"

As we walked in that seemingly long and winding road
You cheerfully told me things I should seriously uphold
But I choose not to comprehend
"Why just it can't be you?" is all I can resend

We decided to go back to the main street
As I caressed your soft cheek
You gave me a quick sweet kiss
Which made my day more than complete

As we stand in that street corner
I wished I could be a mind reader
You stood so silent like a soldier
So I stupidly acted like a lover which made things weirder

We were in front of the pedestrian lane
But it seems that every car was running at three hundred and eight
Waiting for nothing, waiting for something
There I was with you pleased and enjoying

As we rode the jeep, I looked at the time
To my surprise it was already 2 hours past the time of nine
It all happened in a blur, time dilation does really occur
In sweet slow motion everything recur

I'm really thankful for that fateful night
When I got the chance to be your knight
For an hour or two I was with you
How I wish everything could be true

Now,here I am in this memory lane reliving the magic
Here I am very nostalgic
In this memory lane everything happened in a blur
In sweet slow motion everything recur.

No comments:

Post a Comment